Theory of evolution of the universe
1. Astrophysics
Superstring theory is one of the most popular theories in Japan.Superstring theory is one of the quantum gravity theories.
There are some important theories about quantum gravity.
In Japan superstring theory is relatively famous.
So many people who like science are interested in it.
It's said that superstring theory has the beauty as one theory to explain the universe.
But some scientists criticize it.
They say that it's very difficult to demonstrate through the experiment, so the theory is just a hypothesis.
In contrast to the criticism, the supporters of superstring theory say that this theory is completed amazingly, so the criticizers should show their evidence.
To be honest, I don't know which is correct.
But recently I read a book, and I knew another theory about quantum gravity.
I was very impressed by the book.
It broke the mold about time which I believed before.
By the way, recent research showed the possibility of reversing the arrow of time.
・Reversing the direction of heat flow using quantum correlations (arXiv.org)
2. Theory of evolution
Some people advocate the theories about multiverse.Lee Smolin is a famous theoretical physicist studying the theory of loop quantum gravity.
One of the theories about multiverse is similar to the theory of evolution.
According to it, various universes are produced with mutation.
And the universes could have different physical constants.
The universe where we are living could be one of them.
I think that it's anthropic principle by the theoretical physicists.
If their theories are demonstrated, it could be said that theory of evolution is the universal theory about everything in both micro perspective and macro perspective.
It's said that it's very hard to demonstrate the theory about quantum gravity or multiverse through the experiment.
But if it comes true, it will completely broke the mold about the world we are living and believing.
- To read this article in Japanese